The STEEL Cancer Rehabilitation Program for Men
The STEEL Program provides support to men affected by cancer, helping them take their first steps on the road to recovery.
The STEEL program is dedicated to improving the quality of life, wellbeing and overall health of men after a cancer diagnosis. It is delivered by our certified STEEL Cancer Rehab Physiotherapist, Graeme Moginie, as an individualised exercise-based cancer rehabilitation programme, which facilitates long-term engagement in physical activity for cancer survivors.
The STEEL Program aims to help you:
- Optimise physical recovery
- Ease pain and muscular tension
- Regain strength and mobility
- Increase energy levels and improve breathing
- Strengthen core muscles and improve posture
- Improve physical functioning and maintain independence
- Reclaim body confidence and control
- Reduce treatment related side effects and
- Shift focus from illness to wellness
The Steel Program provides a full range of services designed to look after men who are recovering from cancer surgery or cancer treatments. It is suitable after any type of cancer surgery or treatment and accommodates all fitness levels.
- Each session is designed to suit the needs of each client on that day
- Our focus is on creating a safe and caring environment for our clients
- The first session is one hour and includes a thorough assessment
- The following sessions are for half an hour (or hour if necessary)
We aim to not only get cancer survivors exercising but actively participating in walking, running, cycling, swimming and even triathlon events throughout the country.
The STEEL program is more than just helping people after cancer, it is about giving hope, strength and courage.
Take the first steps on the road to recovery, contact our STEEL Cancer Rehab Physiotherapist:
Find out more at Pinc and Steel.